Its about time I upgraded my blog.
I setup Ron’s blog at http://www.intelron.com and of course with the recent WordPress version 2.7.
My WordPress version was 2.0.3 and there is no way to upgrade from that to 2.7… so I had to manually insert data into the new table formats from the existing data. Not that I’ve done this before. This blog has gone through several transitions since 2003. First it was a simple blog I made, then tried Mambo, then Blog:CMS, Nucleus:CMS… I can’t even remember anymore. This website is more of my playground to try and install CMSs rather than actual blog writing. Finally settled with the best, WordPress.
Posts and comments are all accounted for. I even fixed indexing. I gave up with categories. The way Taxonomy is now setup is a wee bit different from just plain old categories. Besides, I think it is better to restructure and create new tags and such. The old one was messy and tangled up.
Now to tag several hundred posts… time to reminisce the past